- High speed, up to 65 Kbps in 50 KHz channel in SD2 and SD9
- Operate IP/Ethernet and serial communication on a single network
- Connect multiple host systems to a single Access Point radio
- Connect multiple devices to a single remote radio
- Implement push communication and report by exception from remote devices
- Simple, intuitive web based configuration and maintenance
- Easy migration path from serial to IP/Ethernet
- Backward compatible with existing MDS x710 networks
- Compatible with the MDS Master Station
- Licensed100MHz, 200MHz, 400MHz, 900MHz
The MDS™ Series solutions is ideal for customers using dedicated frequencies for long range communication. The industrial communications solution provides long distance communications over licensed radio bands, allowing users to interface both Ethernet and serial devices such PLCs, RTUs and meters with host monitoring and control systems.
The SD Series is the latest generation of MDS™ licensed narrowband wireless devices providing exceptional communication performance and reliability to meet demands for IP/Ethernet services as well as support for multiple devices and host systems. The SD is compatible with previous generations allowing for a smooth and controlled migration for existing systems. The SD Series radios are compatible with the MDS™ Master Station.
The MDS SD Series of industrial-strength radios offer secure, reliable, long distance transmission of data for your mission critical applications. The SD Series combines 5 Watt transmit power and exceptional receive sensitivity to support wide coverage areas and maximum performance when difficult terrain or obstructions such as trees and buildings limit the effectiveness of other wireless devices.
- The SD Series combines 5 Watt transmit power and exceptional receive sensitivity to support wide coverage areas and maximum performance when difficult terrain or obstructions such as trees and buildings limit the effectiveness of other wireless devices.
- SD Series operates in the 100 MHz(SD1), 200 MHz (SD2), 400 MHz (SD4) and 900 MHz (SD9) frequencies and allows users to select the channel size and modulation option best suited to their unique requirements.
- Operational temperature range from –40°C to 70°C
- CSA Class I, Div. 2 groups A,B,C,D for Hazardous Locations
- IEEE 1613, IEC 61850-3 and EN61000 for electric substation environmentchnology for high speed, long range, point-to multipoint communications
- Supports two serial ports and an IP/Ethernet port simultaneously
- Broad coverage flexibility over distances up to 50 miles
- Extend communication paths using single radio store and forward
- Supports Ethernet bridging, IP to serial and serial to serial communications
- Low power consumption with sleep mode for solar and battery powered applications
- Fast-serial features with embedded terminal server functions for serial to IP/ Ethernet encapsulation
- AES 128-bit data encryption
- Password protected access
- VLAN data segregation