- Redundancy with warm standby transceiver
- Full duplex, half duplex and simplex operating modes
- Operation as Master Station, Repeater or Remote
- Backward compatibility with MDS x710 radios
- 5 and 10 watt output power
- Connectivity for multiple IP/Ethernet and serial host systems
- MDS PulseNET management of online and standby transceivers
- Licensed SD330-512-MHz, 800-900 MHz
- Licensed Orbit LN200-520MHz, 700, MHZ, 896-960MHz
The MDS™ Master Station is a licensed wireless communication system built on a highly modular component protection framework to maximize network availability for critical applications. The Master Station utilizes the MDS™ Orbit operating system with its advanced networking and security capabilities to ensure a highly flexible and secure operation of the network.
- Maximized network availability with 1+1 transceiver protection and hot-swappable, modular components
- Flexibility of integration into MDS™ SD series, MDS™ X710/X790 as well as Orbit LN** radio technologies
The platform has a wide range of models with different radio, port density and technology combinations providing customers the flexibility to design a solution that best fits their unique application requirements.
The MDS Master Station can be configured as a Master, Streaming Repeater, and Polling Remote when frequency plans, tower locations and RF line-of-site considerations drive flexibility in enterprise network connection.
- Price/performance leader in licensed microwave radio in the 330-512 MHz and 800-960 MHz frequency range
- Increased throughput, longer-range alternatives for our customers’ Multiple Address Systems needs.
- Transparent and direct asynchronous communication offer real-time communication.
- No extra software or programming is needed to implement communications from standard asynchronous protocols.
- May operate as a full duplex, half-duplex or simplex radio and is configurable as a non-redundant master station or remote radio.
- Controls all network parameters of the remotes
Reliability and Modularity
- 1+1 transceiver redundancy with warm standby and fast radio failover
- Redundant power supply & antenna options
- Hot-swappable components
- Operation from -30 to +60 °C
- Rated for continuous operation
- No moving parts or fans
- Battery backup option
- Support for GE MDS SD4 and SD9 radio technologies covering the 300-512 MHz and 820-960 MHz bands
- MDS X710/X790 backward compatibility
- Support for Orbit LN4, LN9, LN7, LN2 radio technology covering the 330-520Mhz, 896-960Mhz, and 200Mhz bands **
- Optional internal duplexer
- Connectivity for additional notched filter
Advanced Networking and Security
- Orbit OS operating system with advanced routing, switching, Quality of Service capabilities
- Best in-class cyber security suite including firewalling, RF Encryption, IPSec VPNs, X.509 certificates with key rotation, secure boot and firmware