Utility Field Services
Second Sight Systems partners with utilities, cooperatives, municipalities, military / government, and commercial / residential property managers to meet the need of advanced metering and sub-metering data collection for energy and water usage.
We bring more than 20 years of experience partnering with utilities and municipals, offering complete field services including smart meter installation and maintenance for AMI / AMR networks. Second Sight also provides field auditing services as required by industry regulations for AMI installations. Our certified technicians are experts in safety and QA auditing for advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and smart grid technology.
Leveraging our extensive expertise and resources, we provide technical field solutions for smart grid deployment and metering services, including:
- AMI / AMR meter install and maintenance
- Contracted meter reading services
- Submeter installation, reading, billing
- Field auditing for AMI installation
- Distribution Automation technical services
- Fiber optic termination, splicing and testing
Contact us and take advantage of our experienced team of technicians to support your utility field operations
We contract with utilities and communication tower owners to inspect the electrical grounding and lightning protection systems in order to enhance reliability and safety.
- Tower surveys for compliance to the Motorola R56 Standard
- Engineering surveys for electrical grounding and lightening protection
- Installation of tower / shelter ground rings and lightening rods
- Soil resistivity measurements
- Detailed inspection reports including high res photographs
Don’t take any chances, contact us today to speak with our Professional Engineers on staff
We are experts in resourcing and deploying technicians on behalf of utilities and act as an extension of their field services team, providing:
- Electric, Gas, and Water meter installers
- Meter maintenance, repair, and reading services
- RF Communications engineers and technicians
- Field Auditors and Inspectors for meter installation
- AMI network infrastructure and wireless backhaul installation
Save money with an outsourced approach to field services, contact us for a no obligation proposal
Outsourced Certified Field Techs
Let us provide you the qualified engineering and utility techs you need to manage your field operations without having to deal with all the HR-related headaches. Use the form to submit a request and a service rep will respond within 24 hours.