- 2G/3G/4G LTE Solutions with worldwide coverage and GPS
- Advanced networking, Security, and VPN capabilities
- Ability to bundle Cellular + Private radios for redundancy or gateway functions
- Unlicensed900 MHz
WHY GE MDS™ ORBIT AS A CELLULAR SOLUTION?
The GE MDS™ Orbit MCR (Multiservice-Connect Router) and MDS™ Orbit ECR (Edge-Connect Router) are ultra reliable rugged wireless routers based on the MDS™ Orbit platform. They enable operators to extend secure and reliable 2G/3G/4G LTE cellular connectivity to critical applications while minimizing network downtime and improving application availability.
The GE MDS™ Orbit MCR and ECR share the same networking and security functionality with the MCR model being a dual WAN radio router and the ECR model a single WAN radio router in a more compact form factor. Both models support a rich set of cellular modem options and cover a wide variety of bands in order to maximize the flexibility of deployment across carriers and countries. The MDS™ Orbit platform features rich networking capabilities with integrated routing and switching, tunneling, VPNs as well as advanced Quality of Service. It further supports a rigid enterprise-class security framework to enable the secure transport of data and advanced protection of network and assets.
- Distribution Automation
- Maintenance Workforce Mobility
- RTU Serial/IP SCADA and IEC 61850
Water & Wastewater
- Pressure Monitoring
- Pipeline Monitoring and Control
- Maintenance Workforce Mobility
- Traffic Signals Control
- Video Security
- Weather Monitoring Stations
- Support for a variety of cellular technologies such as 2G, 3G and 4G with fallback options on both GSM and CDMA networks
- GPS support on select 4G LTE models enable position reporting for asset tracking as well as GIS integration.
- Flexible Networking Concurrent routing and bridging allow for the flexibility of deployment in a variety of network designs and topologies. Layer 2 (Ethernet) and Layer 3 GRE tunneling further enable the establishment of point to point VPNs across any type of networks, including the tunneling of Layer 2 automation protocols such as IEC 61850 GOOSE over cellular networks.
- Hybrid Radios
Industry Leading Reliability
- 30 years of extensive experience with more than 1.5 million radios deployed
- Combined cellular and private radio options for redundant wireless uplinks resulting in higher network availability
- Built for harsh environments with compliance to IEEE 1613, IEC 61850-3 and Class 1 Div 2
- Industry leading mean Time Between Failures (MTBF) of 68 years
- 5-year manufacturer warranty lowers total cost of ownership
- MDS Orbit Platform certified to ATEX QA/ IECx QA
Advanced Networking & Security
- Diverse choice of cellular modems provide coverage for majority of bands and regions with GPS support
- Flexible Quality of Service enables simultaneous applications on the same uplink while preserving performance
- Concurrent routing and bridging enables flexibility for a variety of network designs and topologies
- Enterprise-class device with network cyber security functionality and VPNs ensures advanced protection for network assets
Ease of Use and Compact Design
- Intuitive user interface and configuration wizards simplify complex network configuration tasks resulting in accelerated deployment of advanced networking
- One of the industry’s most compact radios with full router functionality