Utility Field Services
Second Sight Systems helps utilities and their partners meet the demand of grid modernization by providing expert utility engineering and field services.
We bring more than 30 years of experience partnering with tier-one utilities, and offer complete field services including smart meter installation, maintenance, and repair for AMI / AMR networks. SSS also provides field auditing services as required by industry regulations. Our certified technicians are experts in safety and QA auditing for advanced metering infrastructure (AMI) and smart grid technology.
Leveraging our extensive expertise and resources, we provide technical field solutions for smart grid deployment, including:
- AMI / AMR meter install and maintenance
- Contracted meter reading services
- Field auditing for meter installation
- Joint use surveys, utility asset inspections
- Substation communications for CIP v5 compliance
Contact us and take advantage of our experienced team of technicians to support your utillity field operations
We contract with utilities and communication tower owners to inspect the electrical grounding and lightning protection systems in order to enhance reliability and safety.
- Tower surveys for compliance to the Motorola R56 Standard
- Engineering surveys for electrical grounding and lightening protection
- Installation of tower / shelter ground rings and lightening rods
- Soil resistivity measurements
- Detailed inspection reports including high res photographs
Don’t take any chances, contact us today to speak with our Professional Engineers on staff
We are experts in resourcing and deploying technicians on behalf of utilities and act as an extenstion of their field services team, providing:
- Electric, Gas, and Water meter installers
- Meter maintenance, repair, and reading services
- RF Communications engineers and technicians
- Field Auditors and Inspectors for meter installation
- Utilizing a professional fleet of vehicles (SUV’s and Sedans)
Save money with an outsourced approach to field services, contact us for a no obligation proposal
Outsourced Certified Field Techs
Let us provide you the qualified engineering and utility techs you need to manage your field operations without having to deal with all the HR-related headaches. Use the form to submit a request and a service rep will respond within 24 hours.